Saturday, May 8

Crafty Day Revelation

Today is crafty day!  I have been waiting for this day for a long time, whether I was conscious of it or not.  It does my soul good to just spend a day engrossed in creative endeavors.  Thank you so much Ashley for suggesting our craft today and supplying it!  I wish I could take a picture of the adorable fabric flowers we made.

When the hubby came home and saw our flowers...as I knew he would...HE wanted to make some!  So we set off on a family trip to Michael's and tonight he and I will craft away once the kids go to bed.  We have special flowers in mind for our moms for Mother's Day tomorrow.  For right now I am hiding in the office blogging while the kids and Hays make MY Mother's Day surprise (yay)!

I am so blessed. Can you believe my husband does crafts with me??  Who is that lucky, really?  He is so creative too, I just love him so much.  In fact, he is so very artful that I can feel intimidated by his talent.  In fact, it took us a couple of years together before I was comfortable doing artsy things with him. It was sort of like stage fright or something.  He knew I was of a crafty persuasion due to the things he saw in my apartment when we first met and some classes I had taken,etc.. however I made no new art for the first couple years we were together.

What does this say about me?  Well, I think it is interesting how much fear affected me in that area, (ok..many areas).  I knew that Hays is a self-professed perfectionist, and I knew that I am far from perfect...you can see how that equation went.  But, I don't blame it on him.  I blame it on me.  I should never have let those two years go by without a part of myself present, however imperfect that part may be in comparisson to him.  One of my focuses right now is to just be OK being me no matter what.  I see so many things clearly in the hindsight that I am afforded, and most of those things which I regret narrow down to fear of rejection for who I really was/am.

Crafty day was a good renewal, awakening, reminder, revelation

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to take a picture of mine, and you can steal it. It just won't be of your awesome ones. I'm glad craft day was so great for you! Let's make it a regular thing! It's therapy for me, too.

    ReplyDelete